We’re offering a one-of-a-kind opportunity with a chance to transform the event, hospitality and retail scene, alongside a generous package.
ABOUT SORRY THANKS I LOVE YOU
We’re a mash-up of high-end fashion, cutting edge design, specialty coffee, gourmet food and craft beverages from around the world. Our 300 square metre flagship store in Sydney CBD incorporates a completely unique retail offering with an events space and café serving specialty coffee. We work with internationally renowned designers like Issey Miyake, Comme Des Garçons and Maison Margiela as well as local, independent product designers. Our café champions the same dedication to excellence as our retail offering, and our partners include Single O, Tuga, Loco Love and others.
Sorry Thanks I Love You has become a thought leader in experiential retail and has been singled out by Monocle, Broadsheet, Gourmet Traveller, The Sydney Morning Herald and the City of Sydney in this regard. It’s also a go-to ‘best in class’ case study for design thinking academics and creative strategists.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
This is a rare opportunity to join a small and ambitious team committed to experimentation, exploration and excellence. We’re looking for an experienced café manager who’s looking to make their mark. Our hospitality space has been designed to play host to an ever-changing program of events, tastings and workshops – all overseen by this position.
We’re looking for:
- An obsession with excellence
- An excitement to build a unique user experience to create a best in class offer
- Interest in developing and overseeing our hospitality events and workshops program
- A love for coffee, food, design, art, fashion, and travel…
- Hospitality management and café experience – ideally plenty of it
- Barista experience and a love of specialty coffee
- Experience supervising and building a team
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
This is a full time position commencing immediately with room to grow and develop in an exciting and expanding company. If you have an ambition to transform your career then we'd like to hear from you.
To apply, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted.